Read today’s entry here.
The Chicago Reporter is taking time to mull what President-elect Barack Obama’s historic election means for the nation. Please share your experiences and thoughts with us. The Reporter will feature 50 submissions on its Web site and on tcrBLOG, one each day from Dec. 1, 2008, through Jan. 19, 2009. The Reporter will display all submissions on its blog on inauguration day, Jan. 20, 2009.
Please email your submission to email@example.com. There are four ways to share:
- An essay of 300 to 500 words.
- A collection of 10 to 20 photographs.
- A video recording up to two minutes in length.
- An audio recording up to two minutes in length.
Please frame your submissions around one of the following questions:
- What were you doing the night of the election?
- What were your thoughts when you realized that Barack Obama had won?
- Once you realized that Obama had won, with whom did you first speak and what did you say?
- What does Obama’s win mean for African Americans?
- What does Obama’s election mean for the United States of America?
**All entries must include name, address and telephone information for verification purposes.